Savannah State University, 2006
B.A. Mass Communications, Savannah, GA
Basecamp, Basestation, Concrete 5, Dreamweaver, Google Analytics, Hot Banana, Hootsuite, HTML Coding, Interwoven Teamsite, iNews, Joomla, Microsoft Office, Movable Type, Photoshop, Premiere, Survey Monkey, and WordPress.
Digital Production Manager, November 2011 – Present
EBONY Magazine, New York, NY
- Served as a key member of the digital team responsible for the restoration and re-launch of the EBONY.com site – working alongside the Editorial Director and senior management to help extend & strengthen the brand to users online.
- Manage a team of two web producers, freelance video production staff members, and photographers.
- Responsible for maintaining, updating and developing site content and features – providing daily ad hoc reports to the Editorial Director and senior management.
- Responsible for tracking a large volume of daily content, supervising & negotiating editorial contracts, as well as, managing internal requests and billing.
- Provide competitive analysis and research in support of EBONY’s digital goals needed for content development.
- Produce client-sponsored digital content sold through by the Sales/Marketing team.
- Troubleshoot all site errors – elevating further support, as needed, to the internal technical support team.
Founder and Editor-in-Chief, August 2011 – Present
I Don’t Do Clubs – Event & Lifestyle Blog and Mobile App, New York, NY
- Created I Don’t Do Clubs to fill the social void many young professionals experience post graduation or relocating for their career.
- Curate all event-based content for the New York, Washington, DC, Boston, and Atlanta metropolitan areas.
- Manage a team of freelance lifestyle writers spanning categories such as interior design, food/art, life coaching, and careers.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing all social media outreach & post – preserving an engaged community of followers across Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest, and Instagram social platforms.
- Manage all site content & calendar updates across the I Don’t Do Clubs’ mobile platforms: iOS and Android devices.
- Respond to all pitches, sponsored content proposals, ad placements, and reader complaints.
- Work with brands to develop unique and engaging sponsorship opportunities designed to leverage the I Don’t Do Clubs brand.
- Plan and execute networking & social events to help further increase the I Don’t Do Clubs’ brand awareness and exposure among followers across the country.
Freelance Associate Web Editor, May 2011 – November 2011
Scholastic Inc., New York, NY
- Updated landing pages weekly to correspond with editorial calendar.
- Wrote promotional copy that engaged visitors and boost site traffic.
- Responsible for selecting article photographs/images that accurately depict age or grade level.
- Edited freelance articles using Scholastic Parents Writer’s Guidelines.
- Partnered with designers to create graphics for the packaging of content.
- Developed content analysis reports for site customization redesign.
- Assisted Senior Managing Editor in maintaining day-to-day editorial operations.
Website Content Specialist, November 2010 – May 2011
Emmis Communications, New York, NY
- Composed relevant and accurate copy for listeners to interact on HOT 97, 98.7 KISS, and 101.9 RXP websites.
- Founded and created daily content for “KISS Me in the Morning” and “celebX” pop culture blogs and contribute to “What’s New On HOT” blog.
- Created graphics for station branding for promotional and programming projects to aesthetically match the brand’s sound.
- Managed homepage and top page content to clearly highlight station priorities such as on-air personalities, website content, and promotional events.
- Executed and delivered preproduction, live, and post-production exclusive content for major station concerts and events for the web.
Freelance Interactive Website Coordinator, January 2010 – September 2010
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, New York, NY
- Implemented ongoing content requests and development including new content pages, landing pages, and template data updates for 16 theme and water park websites.
- Maintained and managed the quality and consistency of the websites by coordinating changes of ticket prices, new attractions, and ride closures with Web Producers.
- Collaborated with Corporate Alliance, E-commerce, Entertainment, and Marketing departments on sponsored sections of the websites.
- Created all graphic promotional assets and optimized them for the websites.
- Pulled e-mail marketing lists for targeted e-blasts.
Web Producer and Social Media Coordinator, October 2008 – March 2010
Bridal Guide Magazine, New York, NY
- Created and coordinated posting daily site updates utilizing text, photos, and video.
- Supported Online Marketing Manager with online advertising and marketing projects.
- Developed unique online sales programs on a client-by-client basis.
- Helped with the creation of online sweepstakes, contests, e-mail blasts, and weekly newsletter.
- Assisted Managing Web Editor with site maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Managed the day-to-day activities on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social sites.
- Researched and wrote content for social media sites.
- Tracked, monitored, and analyzed performance of campaigns and social media activities.